US-313

Welcome! I hope you enjoy!

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Summing it all UP!

Looking over the many blog posts assigned throughout the semester, I noticed my writing styles have changed somewhat. Initially, I held alot back. Not because I was afraid to express myself, but I was a little apprehensive about what other classmates would think about what I chose to write about.
When writing a blog post I try to step outside of myself and look at what I am writing as if I am the reader who will be reading the posts and commenting on them. I also looked to other outside sources for feedback before I posted comments as to kind of proofread the posts to make sure they made sense and weren't too far fetched.
The one thing I enjoyed about the blogs was the freedom to write however I choose to write about the given topic.
Writing the blogs has prepared me to pretty much write anything in the near future. It also taught me to not get too biased but to present certain topics from a neutral standpoint.

3 comments:

  1. I think the same thing about my blogging experience for this class. When I first started writing my blogs, I would look at other classmates first to make sure mine was not too over the top. After I saw how creative and free they were with their thoughts and ideas, I felt FREE! I think this blogging time has taughr me that I can be creative without offending anyone :-) I hope I get ths experience again so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea about stepping outside of yourself and looking at your writing from the stand point of the reader. I often forget to do so, loose myself in writing, trying to pay attention to grammar, and if I am getting all the points in, and maybe this makes my writing not clear. As far as looking at other’s blogs, I tried to avoid it. I did not want to get too intimidated, before I would conceive something on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a pretty opinionated person myself so it's hard to be neutral...yet when you're blogging it is a lot easier to read something and then go "woah...that's a big strong." Good luck to you in the future!

    ReplyDelete