US-313

Welcome! I hope you enjoy!

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I.O.U.S.A

While watching I.O.U.S.A, I could not help but wonder why the target of the questions were the younger people. When I think about the debt of America, I think about the generations after generations of our forefathers that hold a bulk of the responsibility of our nations debt, not the younger people.
Watching the movie made me wonder if the purpose of questioning the younger generation wasnt necessarily meant to pick on them, but to more so show how we as a nation spend so little time looking at the numbers and act on impulse.
The fact that alot of todays' youth have little to no education on money poses a great threat to the future of America. The national deficit is already at terribly high numbers and if we as a nation dont react now to fix the problem, the deficit will continue to increase and thus push the chances of the national deficit ever decreasing even further out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment