US-313

Welcome! I hope you enjoy!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Integrating Sources Into Your Writing

"No I don't want nothin'. I just want to get as far away from here as I can....."(Marlow 194)

This section of Color Me Butterfly stuck out to me because it dealt with Eloise closing a chapter in her life that in my opinion, should have never been reopened. This qoute also interested me because of the power behind it. By that I mean she was so fed up with her situation that nothing of material value was important to her.
Life can be that way from time to time. We face hard times that shape us and mold us; times that call for lightening the burden and moving on as fast as you can never looking back at that uneccessary drama. By this time in the book, Mattie and John were living together and she had learned to keep Roy in her heart and move on with her life for the sake of her children. Mattie was also a source of strength for her mother Eloise when she needed her the most.
This particular section taught me my own personal lesson of the importance of family always being there when no one else will come to the rescue. I say that because Mattie did not agree with Eloise going back to Isaac but she supported her and didn't hesitate one bit when Eloise decided she would no longer be Isaac's punching bag and that she would leave.

Marlow, L. Y. Color Me Butterfly. Bowie: eL, 2007. Print

No comments:

Post a Comment